If you knew negativity could kill you would you still complain and focus on what is wrong? What if you knew you could change your brain by focusing on one big positive idea and in doing so all of your relationships would change for the better?
In this fascinating video produced by the TED series, Mark Robert Waldman , therapist, research scholar, and Associate Fellow at the Center for Spirituality and the Mind, University of Pennsylvania, talks about how God or any big IDEA changes your brain.
Here are some highlights in print.
- Fear of losing money will change your brain
- When you complain you are killing yourself
- How negative thinking changes the brain
- Why focusing on the word “no” releases neuro -stress chemicals
- The most important question you can ask
- One great brain exercise
- Why meditation changes your brain and your life
- How to be a change in the world
- The key to getting along with others
My questions to you are
1. How can you use this information to change your family life?
2. How can you implement some of these findings in your workplace?
What would the workplace be like if each person was aligned with the higher values of the services provided? I see a day where workplaces will provide a place for meditation before the day starts to focus on the mission and vision of the company. Can you see the impact, for example of a medical office focusing on healing and compassion before starting the work day? What if a financial institution or insurance agency focused on peace of mind before advising their clients ?
Share this video with your workplace. You will want to watch it again and again.