Reinvention always feels a bit scary as we leave behind things that no longer serve our best interests. Do we want to let go of the old? No…because we are addicted.
We were addicted to…
• wastefulness and now we are reinventing to being green.
• comparison and we are reinventing to collaborate.
• force and we are reinventing to find our power.
• apathy and now we are reinventing to find purpose.
• Territories and we are reinventing to a global economy
Letting go of addictions never feels good so we think up words like “recession” to describe the withdrawal of letting go of the poisonous substances that threaten to ruin us in the end.
Waiting out the recession keeps us living in drama as a victim, forever looking for a rescuer to bail us out.
Living in a “reinvention” helps us to reclaim our power as we become a creator. The best way to deal with the recessionis to see it as a reinvention, to take full responsibility and keep our eyes on the prize.