Recession…that’s the new buzz word. Today I had a revelation. What we are going through is not a recession it’s a reinvention.
Reinvention always feels a bit scary as we leave behind things that no longer serve our best interests.
Do we want to let go of the old? No…because we are addicted.
We were addicted to…
- wastefulness and now we are reinventing to being green.
- comparison and we are reinventing to collaborate.
- force and we are reinventing to find our power.
- apathy and now we are reinventing to find purpose.
- business as usual and we are reinventing to see new opportunity.
- “My territory” and we are reinventing to a global economy.
Letting go of addictions never feels good so we think up words like recession to describe the withdrawal of letting go of the poisonous substances that threaten to ruin us in the end.
Being “in a recession” keeps us living in drama as a victim, forever waiting for a rescuer to bail us out. Being in a “reinvention” helps us to reclaim our power as we become a creator.
The best way to deal with the “recession” is to see it as a reinvention, to take full responsibility and keep our eyes on the prize.
Join me April 2nd in Springfield Missouri for the collaborative effort between The Skinny Improv and Stop Your Drama as we present the show, “Recession or Reinvention: You Choose!”