In times of trouble, the best way to stay in control is to master your mindset. Staying calm is difficult when you are surrounded by negative news. Since March is officially “Stop Your Drama Month” here are some practical tips to reclaim your peace.
Become aware of the negative thoughts that surface. After your awareness you want to start reprogramming your brain to think differently.
One method is to use declarations with an anchoring step. Another method is using a mantra. Both are described below.
A declaration is a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written). The idea is to use a declaration to think differently about yourself, so you feel empowered to act in a positive manner. Here are Some examples of declarations.
1. I am calm.
2. I am creative.
3. I am able to see the opportunity.
4. I am resourceful.
5. I am a problem solver.
1. Pick out a declaration to use for one week.
2. When you notice a negative thought, clasp your hands and say your declaration.
3. Immediately touch your head and repeat, “The Drama Stops Here.” This creates an “anchor.”
Mantra: a commonly repeated word or phrase Another option for calming your mind is to select a mantra so you can relax and let your solutions come. Here are a three that have worked for me:
1. All my needs are met.
2. This too shall pass.
3. Comfort is not a requirement for my growth.